A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Global Head of Learning provides thought leadership, strategic direction, and governance to the company’s corporate learning function and the broader learning community spread across all business sectors. Working in collaboration with technical, functional, and business learning teams, this position aims to create consistency on learning platforms, processes, and policies in the areas of strategic importance to the business.
The following responsibilities are in scope of the Head of Global Learning:
• Leading a team of regionally aligned learning consultants
• Ensure that all corporate and regional learning solutions align to the business and HR strategies
• Identify areas of needed learning governance and ensure effective and efficient execution of the Group strategy.
• Lead the adoption of a common learning architecture (including platforms, processes, and policies) across all learning functions.
• Create and lead a collaborative learning governance board comprised of learning leaders in the business and HR.
• Encourage a companywide community of practice of learning professionals to exchange best practices and idea sharing.
• Lead, develop, and provide direction to a global team of consultants delivering HR learning solutions at the region and country levels.
• Deliver enablement to HR Business Partners on talent and learning portfolio of programs and tools. Consults HR Business Partners and the Business on learning solutions and ensures delivery
• Manage global vendors of HR learning initiatives and programs
• University Degree in Education/L&D or Business Administration, Psychology or another HR related field
• 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role managing Global Learning Organizations
• Strong experience in designing learning and development strategies and delivering these globally
• Willingness to travel (30%)
• Ability to interact with, influence, and consult with internal and external stakeholder.
• Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
• Strong people interpersonal skills and situational awareness
• Fluent in English, German desirable
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!