A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: As Senior General Ledger Accountant, you provide internal customers with high quality, accurate, and timely financial data and reports to enable informed business decisions. Moreover, you manage accounting processes, post to the general ledger, handle payroll and benefits, maintain master data, reconcile and maintain multiple balance sheet accounts, prepare financial statements for the regional subsidiaries of our Group and perform complex financial analysis tasks. In addition, you participate in audit or pre-audit tasks, compliance activities and other related accounting duties as assigned by management. Furthermore, as Senior General Accounting Accountant, you leverage your expertise to constantly seek out better ways of performing processes, to contribute to process excellence initiatives and to mentor more junior General Accounting team members.
Who you are:
- University degree in a business related discipline
- 5+ yrs. of experience in accounting/finance with direct related experience with full-cycle general ledger accounting required
- Experience within a Shared Services Center preferred
- Experience with SAP or other ERP system required
- Fluent English language skills required
- Fluent German language skills required
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and Excel skills required
- Flexibility & willingness for business trips ( ca. 4-8 weeks in EMEA region)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com