A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Data Engineer (with experience supporting Data Science activities) within the Commercial Analytics team at EMD Serono, you will be tasked to turn data into precise, timely and actionable insights aligned to business needs. You will be embedded within our commercial functions to identify business opportunities and risks, and apply appropriate data manipulation and statistical analysis to transform complex data into actionable insights. As the resident subject matter expert in manipulating large complex datasets, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing you have the opportunity to lead data-driven solutions, mentor technical and non-technical team members. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate extensively with our global data science and advanced analytics team on machine learning, operationalizing data-driven solutions and establish best practices and cross-functional learning aimed at driving U.S. business to new heights.
- Translate business questions into clear and solvable data problems
- Aggregate and structure data as required for advanced modelling with support from team members
- Apply rigorous statistical data analysis techniques to a broad range of syndicated and publicly available data sources to test hypothesis to inform commercial activities
- Extract highly relevant summary statistics from complex datasets using data manipulation, fuzzy matching, complex join operations and statistical techniques to describe evolving market dynamics and measure KPIs
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to a broad range of business partners
- Mentor and develop technical team members to support and leverage advanced analytics techniques
- Visualize data for concise, clear delivery of highly relevant insights
- Collaborate closely with global, in-house data science and cloud engineering experts to operationalize data-driven solutions
Who you are:
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field from a top school with outstanding grades
- Proven track record of excellence in data science and engineering
- You find joining, manipulating and transforming large datasets a simple and enjoyable task
- Experience in engineering features/predictors/correlators relevant for pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Experience and ability to build reproducible data manipulation software pipelines in Python, SQL or any other non-proprietary language that can be handed over to other data engineers and data scientists
- Strong foundations in applied mathematics, for example, high dimensional statistical modeling, hypothesis testing, time series analysis
- You never report results before thorough validation
- Knowledge of AWS and experience in developing cloud solution is a big plus
- Ability to interact with senior management and field teams in matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills
- You imagine yourself having fun doing all the above!
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.