A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We have identified an exciting new opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join our team, based either in Feltham or in Poole in Dorset. In this new role, you will have an opportunity to build a career in a dynamic role working across our business in the UK and Ireland – developing your own experience and capability while helping our team deliver on their goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the collection of tax-related information, for reporting to tax authorities in a timely manner, and to advise on the tax impact of business strategies. Will be part of the UK/IRL Finance Operation team in general and provide support the Head of Tax UK & Ireland in specific for all aspects of UK and Irish tax compliance and tax projects. Specific responsibilities include:
- Corporation tax compliance: Collation of data for and preparation of corporation tax returns of all active UK and Irish companies, liaising with tax advisors and Financial Reporting team, where applicable.
- Tax audits: Responding to tax authority queries with a view to achieving the early resolution of any tax audits. Working proactively with tax authority contacts with a view to maintaining a good working relationship and minimising the risk of tax audits occurring.
- Corporation tax payments: Ensuring payments on account are calculated and paid to tax authorities on time
- Tax accounting: Review of tax journals and Group tax submissions on a monthly and quarterly basis. Maintenance and roll-over of tax journal workings pro-formas on an annual and ad hoc basis. To be the primary point of contact with Tax Compliance Management in case of queries.
- PAYE Settlement Agreements: Ensuring PSAs are in place for all relevant UK companies for the start of each tax year; Collation of PSA data, calculation of tax and Class 1B NIC due by HMRC due date, ensuring payment of tax is made on time.
- Short-term business visitor monitoring: Collation of data provided by HR on a quarterly basis; end of tax year reporting to HMRC; Highlighting of problem areas and working with the business to find solutions to those areas.
- Transfer Pricing: Aiding the Financial Governance & Project Accountant and Tax Manager in local TP monitoring and change requests
- Employer tax compliance: Investigating and answering queries from the business and other internal stakeholders on all areas of employer tax compliance.
- Provide analytics in relation to the tax planning
- Ad-hoc tax projects: Providing support to the Head of Tax UK & Ireland in tax projects, and leading such projects when directed to, as and when necessary.
- You should hold a Tax or Accounting qualification (eg. ATT, AAT) pr part-qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA. You will ideally hold a specialist tax qualification
- Big four experience is a plus
- You will have number of years in-house tax accounting experience in a commercial environment. It’s desirable that you have experience of VAT accounting, Expat tax and cross-border working issues.
- You will have advanced level Excel skills, intermediate-level capability in Word & Powerpoint and a working knowledge of SAP. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of other ERP systems (eg. Oracle), and will have experience of tax software such as Alphatax or CCH.
- You must be able to work independently and your attention to detail will be second to none. There will be the requirement to travel away from home on business from time to time.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at