Who we are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a driven, strategic minded individual who has a strong life science technical background combined with experience with the challenges of online product positioning and promotion to serve as Product Manager for a World Class Bioactive Small Molecules Portfolio and Business Unit in the Life Sciences Industry.
This individual would be part of a global product management team within the larger Protein and Pathway Technologies Franchise, whose mission is to serve the protein-based detection and in vitro assay reagent needs of the Life Science Research Markets. As a member of the Global Product Management function at MilliporeSigma your role as Product Manager is to act as the frontline manager for his/her responsibility. This includes decision making, reporting, and communication within the role as well as collaboratively working with cross-functional teams that are needed to support the role and the business.
This individual would play a central role in positioning and leveraging of both Core capabilities and onboarding key new products to further the Bioactive Small Molecules Portfolio’s competitiveness in it’s different customer segments.
This role would collaborate closely as a peer among other members of Bioactive Small Molecules Product Management and Franchise teams and would report to a Senior Lead within the Bioactive Small Molecules Business Unit
- Develop a fundamental understanding of technologies, operations mechanisms that drive the existing portfolio. This includes R&D development capabilities, commercialization capabilities, cost drivers, channels used.
- Help support knowledge-building of market competitors and customer needs that drive and impact your Business.
- Co-develop approaches that align with the strategies of the larger organization including the R&D, Operations, and Commercial Teams.
- Co-lead in identifying and onboarding critical new products needed to advance the Portfolio strategy, including strategic fit, critical value proposition, potential for leverage.
- Support key product line management functions including evaluation of product lifecycle and profitability. Proportionate responsibility for revenue and margin growth including analysis and reporting out business performance metrics.
- Support the evaluation of customer satisfaction and portfolio competitiveness.
- Build a culture of trust and business driven innovation. Work with internal organizations (Finance, Market Management, Marcom etc.) to communicate and lend guidance on day-to-day workflow and overcoming problems/barriers to completing projects.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing or a biological-based science program.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with a similar group of products including commercial sales/marketing/business development commercializing products and/or services to the biological products/pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of marketing concepts such as product life cycle and product positioning as well as the new product development process.
- Strong demonstrated ability to design, execute, and analyze digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Strong demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to create and present materials appropriate to the level of audience in a clear, concise manner, across various collaboration tools with internal & external individuals in remote locations.
- Must be able to work from the office 80% of the time.
- Must be able to constantly operate, see and detect information from computer screen for a minimum of five hours per day.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally. Travel may be up to 10%.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.