A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Strategic Marketing Lead (SML) Oncology EMEA serves as a lead responsible for a team driving the launches of new products and indications in Oncology. The SML further provides regional strategic expertise and regionally focused Commercial strategies and tactics for marketed launch products, pre-launch products and early oncology programs to drive growth, ensure successful launches and support the development of differentiated value in the EMEA region.
The challenges in growing marketed products, preparing to launch new products and accelerating the development of the Merck Oncology pipeline require sound strategic and operational guidance gained through strong cross-functional collaborations and strong relationships with diverse regional and global functions along with a sense of urgency to deliver strong and robust Commercial regional leadership to maximize the potential of the Merck Oncology portfolio in the region. Accordingly, the core responsibilities associated with the SML role are to (1) Lead a team to drive strategy and implementation of launches across the entire EMEA region (2) lead region-focused strategy development and implementation of GBF-led activities for the oncology products and pipeline (3) build partnerships, especially with the global teams, cross functional team and the Regional Business Lead (RBL) and manage regional alliance partner(s)
Who you are:
- BS degree preferred in life sciences, Masters’ degree preferred
- Language based on region
- 15+ years in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in marketing, sales and operational leadership roles in key ex-US countries/regions including developing and driving strategies, preferably with leading global oncology companies
- Strong ex-US experience required, with US experience a plus
- Strategic ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and deliver well thought out business solutions to seize opportunities for business growth
- Ability to demonstrative creat ive and innovative strategies for business development and Life Cycle Management of current brands
- Broad ImmunoOncology launch experience a strong plus
- Previous success in a fast-paced, matrix, global environment
- Fluency in the language of the region with strong oral and written communication skills, with fluency in English required
- Ability to present to all levels of the organizations to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions and challenges while presenting Outstanding relationship-building, negotiation and partnering skills and the ability to lead and influence multidisciplinary teams to develop and drive commercial strategies
- A strong understanding of drug development as well as highly effective analytical, extrapolative thinking and influencing skills
- Deep understanding of the oncology business and development space
- Strong understanding of the future direction of oncology with respect to diagnostic development with biomarkers and market access trends worldwide
- Able to perform normal and routine office duties
- Able to travel domestic and international up to 30% of the time
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!