A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Head of Neurology & Immunology (N&I) Payer Marketing is a member of the Market Access & Customer Solutions (MA&CS) leadership team and a critical role, responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of Market Access & Customer Solutions access strategies and tactical plans across all payer segments and channels for EMDS N&I Therapeutic Area.
The Head of Neurology & Immunology (N&I) Payer Marketing will lead the N&I payer marketing team which is responsible for end-to-end payer and channel marketing strategic and tactical plan development for all N&I products (Rebif® and future launch brands). The N&I payer marketing team will provide Managed Markets access and pull thru strategies for all marketed Brands. This involves strategic direction, objectives setting, monitoring results and accountability of the MA&CS plan for each N&I brand.
This individual will maintain a high-level of collaboration and integration with leadership teams and all customer facing teams (Corporate Account Directors, Key Account Manager, Access & Reimbursement Mangers, and Sales teams), TA Brand Marketing, Patient & Provider Access Services, Public Policy & Government Affairs, Channel Team, Medical, HEOR, Training, and Business Excellence teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute Market Access & Customer Solution strategic and tactical plans for in-line and launch brands for the EMD Serono’s Neurology & Immunology Therapeutic Area.
- Continuously evaluate changing market access landscape and competitive dynamics to inform market access strategies including patient access, formulary positioning, contracting, pricing and public policy which impacts patient experience.
- Lead a highly functioning MA&CS marketing team in the development of all payer and channel strategic brand plans and oversight of all tactic execution across all MA&CS customer segments.
- Responsible for contribution and attainment of established patient access goals with Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal payers.
- Lead the development and/or evolution of the N&I clinical and economic Payer Product Value Proposition for existing and future products.
- Partner with N&I Marketing team to ensure payer and channel market access strategies, messaging, and tactics are consistent with and contribute to brand objectives and strategic drivers.
- Drive Collaboration with payers, providers and professional societies to execute and inform market access strategies and tactics.
- Develop and manage marketing budgets and resources to achieve strategic and tactical plans.
- Comply with all EMD Serono compliance guidelines.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business required, MBA strongly preferred
- 8-10 yrs. related experience required, with a minimum of 5 years management experience in biotech/pharmacy Marketing, Managed Care, or Specialty Distribution.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative strategies for business development
- Ability to access and influence various Therapeutic and functional areas and motivate group to action through building team initiatives.
- Experience managing team of senior-level contributors through highly visible and time-sensitive activities.
- In-depth knowledge of Neurology Therapeutic Areas preferred.
- Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously
- Able to travel up to 30% internationally and domestically
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.