A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is seeking to expand its salesforce in anticipation of a potential product launch in MS.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) manages sales at the territory level and serves as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono. This position focuses on building customer alliances, establishing and maintaining product market leadership and achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono.
- Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and Therapeutic Area guidelines, KAM core competencies through our Competency Model and PhRMA guidelines.
- Create and execute Territory Plan and Key Account Plans to achieve aggressive goals and objectives for continued growth.
- Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to accomplish territory objectives, including strengthening current loyalist positions and expanding and building new loyalists.
- Optimize a multi-product portfolio.
- Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs.
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends and preparing/executing applicable plans.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the MS/neurology medical community, with a high-science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
- Actively demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior and integrity in all aspects of the KAM role.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Valid and active driver’s license.
- Minimum 3-5 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstrated success in sales performance.
- Experience in MS, neurology, CNS or specialty biologics markets desired. Scientific or clinical background highly desirable.
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems and experience with pull-through strategies.
- Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results. Self-motivated and thrives on challenges.
- Ability to work as a member of an account team to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-oriented, energetic, flexible, enthusiastic and driven.
- Must have passion for patients with MS.
- Able to travel up to 65% (may vary based on location).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.