A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: We are seeking a Speech Writer and Head of Internal Communications for our Performance Materials’ Business in Darmstadt. Together with your small team, you are responsible for consulting and partnering on all aspects of internal and leadership communications. You consult with business leaders and stakeholders by developing strategic and creative communication solutions to meet the business needs. You are responsible for preparing internal and leadership communications around key business milestones by following the group communications strategy. As the communications business partner for Strategy and Business Transformation you are responsible for internal communications (working in close collaboration with the team responsible for external communications, the regional communicators and the Group Communications community). You will lead, mentor and manage an existing team of communicators. You will be reporting into the Head of Communications for Performance Materials and work closely together with the members of the Performance Materials Leadership Team. Further key responsibilities are: change communications, executive communications (for the CEO of Performance Materials, incl. speech writing, preparation of presentations, briefings for communications events); live communications (incl. preparation and implementation of events such as Leadership Conference, Townhalls, Virtual Update meetings and other F2F formats etc.), digital media (intranet, social media), key message development, storytelling concepts and implementation.
Who you are:
- University graduate degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Business Administration or related field
- 9+ years of experience in communication function within an international organization in an innovative and technology-driven environment
- Distinct Leadership skills with excellent communication skills (fluent in English and German)
- Senior communicator with excellent business partnering and stakeholder management abilities, experience in working with Senior Executives
- Proven expertise in speechwriting, executive and leadership communications plus internal and change communication
- Ability to drive change and setting internal standards
- Willingness to travel 10%
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com