A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: The role of Automation Technician IV in the Production Maintenance Department reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. This position will focus on the daily maintenance and continuous improvement of automated production equipment. This position will also provide technical support for the engineering department with the execution of change controls, OQ/IQ protocols and other related actions. This position will also provide guidance and support to more junior level technical maintenance personnel. SHIFT: 6:30am - 3:00pm Mon-Fri
- Solid Electro-Mechanical knowledge along with experience applying this knowledge to process/equipment design and troubleshooting
- Proven mechanical, machine tool, and equipment repair skills
- 10 years working experience with PLC’s and various control systems within a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational tech training or equivalent experience
- Experience and ability to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Microsoft products, basic CAD drawing.
- Understand safe work practices and has experience in lockout, tag out, electrical safety, etc.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.