A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Machine Maintenance Technician III will be responsible for performing preventative and corrective maintenance on manufacturing equipment and setting up production equipment in a fast-paced environment. This includes adjustments, routine set up changes, machine rebuilds, support engineering and helping to mentor others within the team. This position is 80% mechanical and 20% machine/electrical controls. Proper chemical handling and demonstrated safe work practices are mandatory requirements for this position. Successful candidates will have the ability to work in a team setting in a fast-paced environment. SHIFT: 10:30pm-7:00am Mon-Fri
Who You Are:
- 5+ yrs experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Facilities background a plus with working experience on industrial electrical and water systems
- Has working knowledge of electrical theory
- Strong mechanical skills including electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatics
- Can diagnose medium to high complexity circuits
- Has ability to read electrical schematics and mechanical prints
- Understands operation/setup of various electrical devices (i.e. sensors, motors)
- Has a good understanding of PC and HMI functionality.
- Has a high level of understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Basic robotic knowledge including point teaching highly desirable
- Understands safe work practices and has experience in lockout, tag out, electrical safety (QEW), etc.
- Computer literacy skills required (i.e. email, internet, word processing, excel)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- High understand of general project management principles
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to safely lift 45lbs
- Evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Understand safe work practices and has experience in lockout, tag out, electrical safety, etc.
- Experience and ability to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.