A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: We are looking for a Country Medical Director BeLux. This is an exciting time to join, with a new General Manager coming onboard, our Medical Affairs teams is now looking forward to welcoming a driven, knowledgeable and empowering Medical Director. This is a dynamic and exciting period as we recently had 2 successful launches in Immuno-Oncology and Neurology. In this role you will be able to recruit for your team, completing the existing team and selecting experts who will join you on this medical journey in Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. In this role, you will be part of the Country Leadership team, and will also be responsible to represent the country in the Regional Medical Leadership Team (mid-Europe), adding an international vision/exposure to your role. Reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs Mid-Europe you are responsible for leading the local Medical Team. Training, coaching and developing the local Medical team is also an important part of the role, as people development and career progression within teams is key for us. You will oversee planning, execution and tracking of Medical activities and steer performance, ensure optimal deployment of resources and conduct performance & merit management. You will own and drive Medical programs and ensure policies and guidelines are followed. You will ensure operational excellence by setting and enforcing functional standards and support best practice sharing. In this role you will also actively engage in stakeholder interactions internally across functions and externally (esp. Local Medical /Scientific Societies and relevant Pharma Associations).
Who you are:
- You preferably have a Medicine University Degree. PhD or MSc in a relevant field is also of interest
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a medical function within a pharmaceutical/biotech company
- You have experience in at least 2 complex therapeutic areas and in clinical studies
- You are well connected externally (local Experts and Pharmaceutical Association).
- You have management experience (human resources and budget)
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in French or Dutch is also mandatory.
- You have excellent communication, influential and leadership skills allowing you to implement your vision and drive a collaborative approach
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!