Synthesis chemist (m/f) Quantum Materials
A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Merck is globally well known for its Liquid Crystal (LC) and Organic Light-Emitting Diode (OLED) materials in the display industry. To strengthen Merck’s activities in the field of quantum materials for display applications, Merck acquired Qlight Nanotech Ltd., based in Jerusalem in 2015. Nowadays, Qlight is the Quantum materials development center of Merck in Israel.
In this role, you will work within a talented, multi-disciplinary team of scientists in Qlight Nanotech labs based in Jerusalem. Your work will focus on the design and synthesis of new colloidal nanomaterials.
Who you are:
- Master’s degree or higher in Chemistry / Material Science / Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge and experience in the field of colloidal nanoparticles and/or synthetic chemistry, preferably both.
- Knowledge in nanoparticles characterization techniques - Preference
- Experience in optical spectroscopy or Knowledge in surface chemistry - Preference
- Previous experience in R&D lab in industry - Preference
- Experience with organic chemistry - Preference
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English language
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and independently
- Ability to organize your data and derive conclusions from it
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with scientific colleagues
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life.
Join us on this exciting journey and become a part of the global Merck family, and a part of our exiting R&D