A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The MilliporeSigma Bioprocess manufacturing facility located in Jaffrey, NH is seeking a Project/Process Engineer whose primary responsibility will be the identification, evaluation, development and deployment of new manufacturing and testing technologies for high purity filters. This position will focus on equipment design, process development, optimization, validation, process control, and quality. In this dynamic environment, the successful candidate must be an enthusiastic team player and apply their high energy, strong engineering skills, and a combination hands-on / analytical approach to problem solving while working collaboratively within a matrixed organization.
- Demonstrate feasibility of new manufacturing technology application through prototyping, hands-on development, and statistical evaluation.
- Create new processes and specifications, model critical factors, and optimize through designed experiments.
- Create project plans for equipment and process additions / modifications and execute on time, within budget, and to full scope.
- Develop cost estimates, write User Requirement Specifications, obtain quotes, and generate capital requests to support the deployment of new technology.
- Execute capital equipment fabrication activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards, and user requirements.
- Lead and participate in Equipment and Process Validations activities per current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations for Medical Device manufacturing.
- Execute change controls for projects involving modification or addition of new processes and/or equipment.
- Generate and approve supporting documentation for new processes and equipment.
- Transfer knowledgebase to various work streams throughout project life-cycle to ensure sufficient expertise exists within the manufacturing work centers.
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or related field) with 5+ years experience working in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- Master of Science Degree with 1+ years’ experience working in a cGMP manufacturing environment
- 5+ years experience working in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Passionate about exploring new opportunities and driven to solve the toughest development and implementation obstacles.
- Works comfortably in production environments and has a combination hands-on / analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and gain consensus within a heavily matrixed organization.
- Solidworks, Inventor, or equivalent 3D modelling and AutoCAD 2D.
- Statistical analysis and optimization (Minitab or equivalent).
- PLC, HMI, and control system programming experience a plus.
- Lean 6 Sigma certification a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.