A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems and to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members. This is a multi-skilled position that is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Participation in the call-in program.
- Successful completion of required training curriculum.
- Provides direction and expertise to others in the department
- High School Diploma and a Trade School degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of related maintenance experience
Must have at least 8 of the following behavioral skills/abilities:
- Ability to use the Management of Change Process effectively.
- Ability to use good documentation practices.
- Ability to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Ability to communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate and lead process improvements.
- Ability to use excellent organizational and 5S skills.
- Ability to use excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to use self-motivation and high productivity skills.
- Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines
Must have at least 12 of the following general technical skills/abilities:
- Ability to read, understand, and follow work instructions and procedures.
- Ability to write clear, thorough work instructions.
- Ability to use basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email).
- Ability to use CMMS software.
- Ability to enter purchase requisitions in SAP.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate a man lift.
- Ability to solve Algebra and Geometry problems.
- Ability to read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics.
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.).
- Ability to read gauges and understand units of measure.
- Ability to identify parts needed for a repair.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to understand materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
Must have at least 25 of the following specific technical skills/abilities:
Electrical / Instrumentation Related
- Possession of an applicable license(s).
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct VFD problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, design, install, maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 480V.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install, repair lighting systems.
- Ability to understand Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity.
- Ability to understand electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.).
- Ability to use electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to thread and bend conduit and properly size conduit and wire per the NEC
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical motors, repairs, installation.
- Ability to use calibration equipment to calibrate or test all types of instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct PLC or controller problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
- Possession of an applicable license(s).
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair heating equipment and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and repair dehumidification equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install, maintain heating systems.
- Ability to solder and braze.
- Ability to understand and use building management systems.
- Possession of an applicable license(s) (i.e. Boiler operator’s)
- Ability to perform boiler water and cooling tower chemistry tests.
- Ability to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on boilers.
- Ability to fabricate or repair parts using machining tools (lathe, mill, shear, break, press).
- Ability to arc weld, tig weld, mig weld, and use a cutting torch.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair fluid and vacuum pumps.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair power transmission equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair brake and clutch systems.
- Ability to diagnose steam trap problems.
- Ability to operate, repair, and troubleshoot of high purity water equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic power systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and replace mechanical seals and bearings.
- Ability to use hoists and rigging equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair packaging equipment.
- Ability to install new or repair/modify existing piping systems of all types.
- Ability to test, operate, and repair fire protection systems.
- Ability to perform equipment and piping visual and thickness testing.
- Ability to inspect and repair glass lined process equipment.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty. Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts.
Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, use a cellular phone, use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield. Must have valid drivers license and requires operation of company vehicles. Must be able to work at varying heights.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.