A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
YOUR ROLE: This position will be primarily responsible for the maintenance repairs of manufacturing equipment in the Danvers operations.
HOURS: 2nd shift (Monday - Wedneday: 6pm-6:30am, Thursday: 6pm-12am).
- Maintenance and repair of equipment on production floor.
- Supporting engineering projects and performing equipment validations.
- Supports Process Engineers in troubleshooting of production floor equipment.
- Identifies/Isolates problems for further analysis.
- Collects and documents results and generates reports
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education in an Engineering field preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing process environment. (Certification in repairs & maintenance is a plus).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
- Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the unit.
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately.
- Good keyboarding skills with experience using Microsoft word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools and test equipment.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift or move equipment/materials weighing up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodation
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.