A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: We are seeking a Group Leader for Virus filtration products development group. In this role, you will lead a small group of scientists and engineers in design, development and testing of novel single-use virus filtration technologies suitable for the manufacture of therapeutic biopharmaceuticals and vaccines. The preferred candidate will plan and execute projects directed toward the identification, assessment, and commercialization of new filtration technologies enabling the cost-effective virus clearance in bioprocessing. This individual will: (1) design and test of prototype filtration devices in a collaborative environment, (2) leverage personal and institutional knowledge to achieve project goals and timelines, and (3) develop materials, devices, and methods that achieve cost and performance objectives. This individual is also expected to contribute to the product and manufacturing process validation. In this position, the successful candidate will interact with a variety of business functions outside of R&D to develop and refine customer needs and requirements, support alpha/beta prototype field trials, and lead in the development and transfer of commercially viable technologies to manufacturing.
Who you are:
- BS/MS in mechanical, chemical or plastics engineering or equivalent with 10-15 years of industrial experience in a related field, or Ph.D. with 10 years of industrial experience in a related field. Advanced knowledge of and practice in protein separations are considered high-value assets.
- Must be able to lead a team and work collaboratively with other functions, including manufacturing, quality, and procurement through development and validation phases to support a successful product launch.
- The individual must have a proven track record as a problem solver in areas of membrane filtration and/or device design.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software (Creo, Solidworks, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience designing injection molded parts, manufacturing equipment, and test fixtures highly desirable.
- Seeks out feedback and responds appropriately to input from other R&D groups, sales, marketing, and customers.
- Develops and clearly communicates innovative product designs, applications, technologies, or concepts to management. Consistently meets individual and group goals while operating within MilliporeSigma's value system.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories. Maintains up-to-date understanding of relevant technology through literature, conferences, and workshops.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.