A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a manager to lead a small R&D team focused on the product development of a novel protein chromatography technology within MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions Division. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus. As part of the BioProcessing Research and Development organization, a successful candidate will lead a team that plays a significant role in the development of innovative new single-use products for the downstream purification of protein therapeutics in a team environment. Individual in this position will be responsible for the development and evaluation of new protein chromatography products and related separation tools for the downstream purification of protein therapeutics. Responsibilities include leadership of an R&D team that will conceptualization, design and development polymeric media / membranes and devices for use in Single Use Chromatography.
Who You Are:
- BS with 15 years, MS with 10 years, Ph.D. with 5 years of industry experience in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Must have demonstrated experience with managing an R&D team
- Must have experience doing hands-on product development.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a laboratory environment.
- Must be able to think independently and creatively.
- Must have a sense of urgency to meet project timelines.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively within a large team
- Must have strong problem-solving aptitude, with a desire to conduct experiments and do “hands on” work.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international as needed.
- Fundamental understanding and experience in biological separation science, in particular the chromatographic separation of proteins, is highly desirable.
- Background in Polymer Science and formation of porous media is highly desirable. Experience in Biopharmaceutical separations is highly desirable
- Experience with the downstream purification of proteins is highly desirable.
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have the ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in a product development role
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.