A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: At EMD Serono the Contract Manager is responsible for facilitating and managing the managed care contracting process, developing business cases and ROIs with the Account Management team, negotiating contract terms and pricing with customers and Company field personnel and reviewing contracts for legal verbiage content and compatibility with Company business processes. The goal of the department is to ultimately impact the customer experience by providing best in class service. This role interfaces directly with EMD customers, building sustainable relationships with our counterparts.
The Contract Manager also reviews credentialing packets and applications to be sent to managed care organizations, coordinates the contract process with Field Sales, Operations, third party payers and Legal, and provide reports and analysis as needed. Contract Managers are responsible for both commercial and government contracting activities. Commercial contracting customers include health plans, PBMs, specialty pharmacies, etc. Government contracting includes State Medicaid and the VA FSS agreement. The role provides updates to all contracting policies and procedures. The position is a major contributor to the ongoing operation of the Model N Revenue Management System and responsible for supporting ongoing system improvements that support compliance, accuracy and efficiency objectives. The role works along with other functional representatives to manage through the complexity of the system and optimize its features.
Who you are:
- Minimum Required: 4 year college degree
- Preferred Level: MBA, Legal Degree or equivalent industry experience and knowledge
- 3-5 years in pharmaceutical/healthcare-related industry including work in Contracts, Managed Care, Account Management, Sales Operations. Sales Experience a Plus; demonstration of financial and analytical experience and skills
- Contracting experience and administration, preferably in a pharmaceutical or health care related industry
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint; experience with Revenue Management Systems
- Must have demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills. Must have high planning and organizational skills to work within sensitive deadlines
- This position will be required to work cross functionally to problem solve
- Time management (project prioritization) important to role, and ability to follow process and policy.
- Accounting/Recording/Organizational skills
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution networks, managed care environments, specialty pharmacies, purchasing group affiliations, and Government entities
- Experience in working with complex software applications and background to interface with IT business analysts to resolve system problems
- Consistently exhibits positive attitude, team spirit, accountability and ownership of the role
- Normal and routine office duties (must be able to push, lift, and pull up to 30 pounds)
- Infrequent travel may be required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.