A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Manufacture cell culture products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform production operations
- Set-up and prepare products according to current manufacturing procedures
- Ensure quality and quantity of product throughout production process.
- Clean-up equipment and working areas after production operations
- Coordinate appropriate disposal of waste and complete compliance documentation.
- Communicate and document status of processes, products, and equipment
- Communicate the status of production operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines including Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) if applicable
- Write and modify production procedures consistent with quality guidelines
- Enter hours worked and raw materials used into SAP
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Active participation in Op Ex / Gemba processes
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Review analytical procedures to ensure that they are currently used by Analytical Services.
- Perform necessary analytical tests and evaluate results during the process and at the completion of the run.
- Ensure purity of starting material, intermediates and final products are consistent with history and product specifications.
- Perform daily and production operations in a safe and orderly manner
- Follow production procedures and safety policies at all times.
- Use, clean, and store all personal protective gear appropriately
- Label all in-process equipment and containers properly.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in required safety and quality training and other related activities.
- Maintain good housekeeping in laboratory and working areas.
- Improve manufacturing processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience and principles
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a supervisor and/or senior scientists.
- Help in the training of co-workers
- Perform root cause investigations
Who You Are:
- BS or BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related life science;
- 1+ years in a cell/tissue culture manufacturing and/or testing lab; project/committee experience
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science
- Familiar with cell culture laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Cell Culture analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods, including aseptic technique
- Communication skills, oral and written
- Computer skills, including SAP knowledge
- Mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Laboratory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
- Production environment.
- Require occasional lifting and pushing of up to 80 pounds.
- Require occasional shift work
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.