A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for providing a variety of external and internal customers with medical and scientific information on the appropriate utilization of specific products and with more general information about their therapeutic area and disease state. This field-based position will proactively build healthcare provider support, by using a scientific approach that is aligned with the Commercial Team objectives and therapeutic area Medical Plan, including but not limited to establishing and maintaining peer-peer relationships with leading physicians, referred to as Key Opinion Leaders and other industry stakeholders necessarily. This role will work closely with the medical and commercial teams in developing a strategic direction for the brand, and will develop an MSL strategic and tactical plan in collaboration with the medical team.
- Health Care Professional (HCP) interaction and development.
- This will include developing relationships with various HCPs and providing them with credible, fair balanced, scientific information about the products and/or its development, including any relevant research activities
- Develop strategy to recognize potential HCP as advocate for the use of our products, possible speakers or possible investigators in clinical trials, depending on their specific interests, enthusiasm for, or experience with our products.
- Serve as a major source of balanced medical information for HCPs and will be capable of issues management and addressing questions about safety and off label use of the products based on available scientific data.
2. Expert in the respective product and therapeutic areas.
- Conduct regular and extensive reviews of the literature, developing presentations and assisting with publications and medical communications.
- Participation in scientific meetings will be essential, and the MSL will attend appropriate scientific events necessarily, including any related therapeutic area training sessions to maintain a current knowledge base and to develop competitive intelligence on other products in their therapeutic area.
- play a critical role in internal training and communication with the Medical and Commercial team. Knowledge sharing, including opinion leader and site profiling, and education both internally and externally will be a key area of responsibility.
- May be assigned to be responsible for assisting the Medical team in the identification of potential investigators and research projects, which may include education and facilitation of the study process.
3. Territory Planning
- Being a field-based position, territory planning will be a key activity. This will be done in collaboration with the Medical Manager along with the commercial team and will involve identifying a focus of effort and the metrics for customer calls. The plan will have to be dynamic with respect to the specific product, territory and the life cycle of the product line. That is, the focus of effort may vary from time to time and the territory plan will have to be flexible to accommodate for this.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!