A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Trade Compliance Specialist in Product Compliance, you will participate in activities involved in export and import compliance with an emphasis on Technical trade classifications and analysis and drive continuous process improvements aimed at execution of best in class performance in Trade Compliance.
Who you are:
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with requirements of FDA, USDA, EPA, DEA, ATTB, CDC and any other applicable regulatory agencies on exporting and importing.
- Monitor and review U.S. Export / Import Regulations with respect to determination of product classifications and Harmonized Tariff Schedules and Export Control Classification Numbers
- Participate in compliance audits/assessments, review corrective actions, and evaluate site compliance including respective agency registrations.
- Assign all Technical Trade classifications for products (e.g. HTS, ECCN, Country of Origin etc.) and respond to inquiries on an as needed basis.
- Work experience in areas of Trade Compliance, including strong emphasis on import and export compliance, USDA, FDA, DEA, CDC and other government agencies controls preferred. Strong with PC based systems and software related to document preparation, (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, or similar programs).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and U.S. Customs Regulations, import/export documentation and recordkeeping.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Biology or Chemistry, or other applied science is required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.