A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: We are looking for someone who directs the activities of the Operational Excellence located in Norwood, OH. This involves defining, designing and implementing continuous improvement programs. This individual will be responsible for the definition of improvement projects and the analysis of improvement programs. This person will also consult with executives and other levels of line management regarding performance metrics to measure program success. They will approve all aspects of the Process Excellence programs including project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards. This will include, ensuring adherence to quality and safety standards with all improvement efforts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality and volume objectives in a timely manner which also affects the performance of closely related teams
- Responsible for day-to-day management, setting objectives, coaching and developing employees, performance appraisal, determination of reward outcomes.
- Manages a homogeneous team that consists largely of professionals and is accountable for the performance and results of the team.
- Responsible for the site’s Engineering & Maintenance teams.
- Manage the specification, purchase and installation of capital equipment within guidelines for cost effectiveness, benefit analysis, procurement policies, product quality and contract terms.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the department to support all business operations
- Lead, execute and manage major process improvement projects
- Mentor Black, Green and Blue Belts on continuous projects
- Maintain Operational Excellence Process
- Work with team to maintain general LEAN best practices
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Chemical Preferred)
- 3-5 years of Manufacturing Experience
- Lean & Six Sigma Experience
- Green or Black Belt Certification
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Lead and execute continuous improvement projects
- Lead and/or assist with belt training
- Continually develop the Operational Excellence Culture
- Ability to lead and influence without authority
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.