A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono, the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a top US specialty pharmaceutical company continuing to build a leading US oncology organization to support our current PDL-1 immuno-oncology therapy and to prepare for future indications.
The Oncology Territory Manager (OTM) will deliver on aggressive but realistic targets for revenue growth and profitability by executing brand objectives through innovative strategies, excellence in customer engagement and rigorous account planning. The OTM will be responsible for promoting Bavencio and its approved indications, launch of future Bavencio indications, Xalkori (a copromotion asset), and other potential products from the EMD Serono pipeline.
This individual will be a key member of a high performing team including Marketing, Managed Markets, Medical and their Pfizer co-promotion/alliance partner in order to manage sales at the territory level and serve as the primary liaison between customers and EMD Serono by focusing on:
- Achievement of Area quarterly and annual sales objectives through implementation of company and Oncology US sales direction
- Building customer alliances and maintaining relationships with key HCP’s, physician practices, and hospitals/clinics
- Development of local/national KOL’s
- Establishing and maintaining product market leadership
- Achieving short and long-term sales objectives by identifying customer needs and providing solutions to create a professional relationship between the customer and EMD Serono
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A valid and active driver’s license is required for this position
- English required; Other language skills may be considered a plus depending on location
- Scientific or clinical background desirable
- Experience selling a multi-product portfolio highly desired
- Experience with the co-promotion of product(s)
- Experience in Oncology Sales is and specialty biologics markets highly desirable
- Minimum five plus years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/ healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results
- Ability to display personal leadership and accountability amongst peers, direct manager and internal support partners
- Possesses and displays high level of emotional intelligence
- Strong expertise in reimbursement and managed care knowledge
- Launch experience desirable
- Deep understand of the oncology landscape and market place is highly desired
- Home Office/Headquarters experience is a plus
- Professional oncology experience (3 plus years), and/or demonstrated participation with internal oncology training programs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.