A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: As the department head of our supply chain team in Branchburg, NJ, you will be responsible for the global coordination of the raw material supply to the business. You will support various initiatives related to inventory control, procurement and global planning. You will manage a team of supply chain professionals at the Branchburg, NJ (4) and Martin, SC (2) sites. You will be the first line of contact to vendors relating to delivery performance and forecasting and assess those operations according to quality benchmarks and standards.
Who you are: You have proven leadership experience leading Supply Chain teams. You have experience leading processes relating to new product introduction, maintaining planning master data and coordinating input from supporting groups. You have led processes relating to product labeling, global regulatory and customer requirements, inventory control, disposition of non-salable stock, disposals, physical inventories, stock discrepancies, etc. You have processed data identifying problematic areas and suggested improvements.
· BS/BA in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering or a relevant field
· 7+ years of experience as a Supply Chain Manager, Analyst, Logistics Coordinator or other similar role
· Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting
· Proficient understanding of all levels of the supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and SAP systems (APO)
· Analytical mindset coupled with a strong business acumen
· Aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting
· Excellent attention to detail
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
· Outstanding organizational and management skills
· Travel: <25%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com