A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Manufacturing Operators are required to perform operational activities to manufacture product according to cGMP's and site Standard Operating Procedures. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Producing Bovine Serum derived finished goods utilizing processing tanks and agitators, centrifuges, chromatography and heating/cooling units in controlled environments that will include cold room processing.
- Loading, operating, and unloading of freeze dryers.
- Setup and operation of filtration and ultrafiltration processes utilizing pumps, depth filter media, sub-micron cartridges, molecular filters, etc.
- Batch ion exchange processing
- Cleaning and sanitization
- Timely and accurate record keeping
- Assist in training as needed
Who You Are:
- Must be functionally able to perform the essential job functions and job specifications.
- Must be able to transport pallets of raw materials from material staging areas using pallet movers and lifts.
- Must be able to use designated or appropriately modified safety and manufacturing apparel to meet safety and compliance requirements. This includes, but is not limited to non-sterile and sterile jumpsuits, sterile masks, sterile goggles, hairnets, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, shoe coverings, gloves, respirators, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50lb bags of dry chemical ingredients as frequently as 25 times in an 8-12 hour period.
Must possess sufficient visual acuity and color differentiation to effectively interact with operator work stations.
Due to contractual requirements with the International Chemical Workers Union Council/United Food and Commercial Workers and its Local Union #872-C, we are required to post for internal bidding prior to awarding external bids. Therefore, candidates applying for these open positions are subject to placement in Warehousing, Manufacturing Operations, Utility Operations, and/or Janitorial departments. This will be addressed in detail with all prospective candidates at the time of their site interview.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.