A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: To support the two Lenexa sites providing administrative assistance as outlined below.
- Provides administrative support to department director(s) and department staff.
- Schedules appointments and coordinates calendar for department director(s).
- Schedules and coordinates details for department(s) meetings.
- Makes travel arrangements for department director(s) and/or department staff.
- Completes expense reports for director(s).
- Reviews, distributes and mails materials as according to department guidelines.
- Develops presentations, communications, reports and handouts for department(s).
- Maintains department filing systems, databases and other department systems as necessary.
- Proactively reviews department processes and materials for efficiency and improvement. Makes recommendations to site director.
- Manages, recruits, selects, hires, trains, evaluates, counsels, and supervises front office staff.
- Effectively manage and operate within budget.
- Creates presentations and communications as directed.
- Provides back up support to the Office Assistant, includes providing relieve at the front desk, assisting with mail distribution; and other general administrative duties.
- Assists with travel arrangements for site director and direct reports as required.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, customer visits, site events as required.
- Assists with site directors meeting minutes.
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information.
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures.
- Other job related duties as required.
Who You Are:
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures as well as comply with the Facility’s human resources, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the facility.
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department.
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general business office responsibilities and supervisory responsibilities.
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance.
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.