A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Follow SOP and Relevant WI for Batch Mixing, Filtration and Package Activities in both AZM and BBM as requested
- Perform material inventory control through physical inventory and computer system (such as SAP, etc.), including releasing materials to the relevant batches of products.
- Maintain batch records, and enter testing results into system (e.g., SAP, etc.).
- Clean and prepare production equipment (e.g., kettle, line, pump, filter housing, etc.)
- Sampling from Various Package
- Raw Material, finished product and Stock sampling from Various Package
- Production area, warehouse, office area and cleanroom housekeeping
- Packaging Inspection
- Hazardous Waste Handling and Inspection
- Calibration of Manufacturing Equipment
- Carton (Box) Assembly
- Connecting and disconnecting process equipment
- Operation of various Liquid Particle Counters
- Bottling and Drumming of Finished Products in AZM and BBM, through Automatic Packaging Line and Semi-Manual Fill Station
- Purge and clean of Fill Manifold
- Relabel, Repour and Recaps Finished Goods as requested
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3+ years of working experiences in chemical industries or chemical related technical institutions required.
- College discipline and/or degree of science and technology areas a plus, but not necessary
- Able to keep a good attendance as required. Occasional overtime of weekday and weekend required, based on the business needs.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and understand written Work Instruction.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate forklift or hand pallet truck.
- Ability to operate weighing and measuring devices.
Manufacturing Environment: The employee is required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles with or without face shell, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes, etc.) and other personal protection equipment PPE to protect himself/herself from chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may be both indoor and outdoor, and occasionally be wet, humid, hot or cold.
Manufacturing Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel for certain periods of time. The employee needs to have the ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignments. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and may be required to do so of more poundage with assistance. The employee may also need to use a computer and other office/manufacturing equipment to complete assignments.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.