A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Lead technical support for production operations by working cross functionally with Operations, Sales, Marketing, Quality, Packaging, Safety and outside customers to efficiently manage technical issues, supplier collaboration, equipment, material and process qualification and CAPA/Deviation Management. Responsibilities to include:
- Independently coordinate planning for custom products. This includes providing leadtime and COGS estimates for new inquiries, creating project schedules, and providing alternatives for custom product inquiries/orders to meet customer, operational and financial needs.
- Plan for operational requirements of new product transfer to include early identification of needs for production, packaging, QC, raw materials, equipment, regulatory requirements, and the generation and analysis of COGS estimates.
- Facilitate the development of manufacturing, packaging, QC and scale up processes with R&D or the external customer.
- Lead the manufacturing, packaging and QC testing of engineering and/or validation lots and first build at a designated manufacturing site with Operations and R&D or the customer.
- Address documentation and systems needs for new product transfer to include writing, review, and approval of operations documents and set up of new products in SAP.
- Communicate process needs, project schedules and project status in a timely manner through leadership of team meetings, documentation of key decisions and issues, maintenance of metrics, and elevation of issues. Act as a liaison between R&D, Quality, Safety or the customer and Operations.
- Lead process improvement initiatives with quantifiable results in sales, service, savings, safety or quality.
- Assist Quality with technical process knowledge related to customer issues, complaints, non-conformance investigations, and audits.
- Support Operations with knowledge of 5S, inventory management, and LEAN principles to improve unit operations and process flow.
Who you are:
A proven professional with experience in problem solving, team/project leadership, and process improvement.
- Extensive technical knowledge as it relates to production, materials of construction, engineering, process safety management
- Required: BS in life science related field with special course in area of expertise
- Independence, assertiveness and ability to make decisions quickly and confidently, with skills for people interaction and cross functional teamwork across departments and locations worldwide and with external customers.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, FDA Regulations, with emphasis on GMP and ISO guidelines and regulations
- Planning and scheduling, Problem Solving Skills including root cause analysis, Project Management, Time Management
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.