Who we are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform Intermediate level operational monitoring, general facilities maintenance and repair of utility systems and equipment associated with a cGMP contract manufacturing facility. The Facilities Technician II reports to the Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor and assists the Engineering Department Manager in meeting the corporate production and growth goals, working with senior level Facilities and Maintenance Staff. In meeting these goals, the Facilities Technician will ensure that facilities maintenance is performed on schedule in a prompt and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Facilities Technicians are responsible for the operation, repair and maintenance of bio-manufacturing buildings, labs, office, complex, or other similar facility and equipment
- Arranges repairs on electronic and wiring components affiliated with programmed building management operations
- Responsible for performing Intermediate level facility maintenance activities in the area of skilled trades for Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Drywall, etc.
- Performs drywall repairs, patch, paint and general office maintenance
- Perform and ensure all routine facility check activities are completed on schedule to maintain regulatory compliance
- Provides facility related upkeep and general maintenance
- Provide support to Preventive Maintenance (PM) staff in the performance of utility systems and equipment activities
- Provide technical support to all departments in a quality and service oriented approach
- Perform operational monitoring of all facility systems and equipment as part of Engineering Department Requirements
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for after-hours response
- Respond to Service Requests for troubleshooting and repair of facilities and equipment
- Document PM, Calibration and Service Request activities in accordance with SOPs
Who You Are:
High School Graduate or Equivalent GED
2 years of Technical, Vocational training, or trade work experience, i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Control Systems
Specialized military training, i.e., Engineering / Facilities
3+ years of experience in facilities, utility system operations and maintenance, preferably in a regulated environment. cGMP experience is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of utilities, systems and equipment
- HVAC, Chilled Water Systems, Heating Hot Water Systems
- Building Management Systems, i.e., Siemens Building Automation
- Lighting and Lighting Control Systems
- Clean Compressed Air and Lab Gas Systems
- Emergency Generators and Electrical Distribution
- Fire/Life Safety Systems, i.e., Siemens
- Industrial and Domestic Water Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers, i.e. Allen Bradley
- Interpret documents involving maintenance instructions, sketches, plans blueprints, procedural manual and safety requirements/regulations
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.