A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reviews demand plans at a global and local level, including adjusting forecast and safety stock parameters and works with the sales group to incorporate customer demands into the planning systems. Develops operational schedules to meet customer service objectives and support sales growth plans at the lowest overall inventory costs. Lead and/or assist process improvement initiatives. Reviews long term plans to ensure capacity requirements are understood and met. Compiles reports and metrics to ensure business has proper feedback loops on performance to objectives
The following are the primary responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as required):
- Create operational schedules based on throughput, customer service, and all other company and/or departmental goals
- Use APO or other scheduling software techniques to optimize production schedules.
- Analyzes planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to global Sigma-Aldrich supply chain impact. Converts planned orders to purchase requisitions or process orders as necessary.
- Proficient in spreadsheets and databases
- Identify scheduling constraints and test various methods and strategies in order to reduce or eliminate those constraints (i.e. bulk size, availability, fill time, warehouse space)
- Develop SAP generated reports various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing.
- Ensure a balanced load of work for packaging while allowing for flexibility with Bulk/Spec orders and minimizing WIP to ensure low cycle times
- Manage SAP exception messages and act on recommended plan changes. Including expediting or rescheduling purchase orders.
- Schedule and maintain records on top 100 products
- Work closely with purchasing and production to ensure bulk availability and packaging requirements including supplies
- Work with global planning teams as needed to ensure planning designs and requirements are coordinated across the entire supply chain
- Analyze inventory and forecast status in order to provide superior customer service
- Analyzes reports and participates in projects to eliminate backorders, optimize inventory and increase customer service.
- Evaluate, test, recommend and/or implement changes that could improve service, cycle time, throughput efficiency, inventory levels, etc
- Enforce inventory approval policies
- Manual Data Entry of forecast and demand information to GRASP and Access Databases
- Communication with multiple levels of management and with SAFC Sales and Marketing Departments
- Frequently must explain SAP Planning policies and functions including how and why requirements are generated to personnel not necessarily familiar with that part of business
- Maintain and audit key SAP planning master data. Including, lot size, lead time, MRP controllers, special procurement keys, schedule margin key and purchasing type.
- Support business unit objectives
- Must develop excellent understanding of complex processes from beginning to end and all steps in detail in order to perform trouble shooting and process improvement effectively.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to communicate at different levels of the business.
- High sense of urgency.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Good judgment and analytical skills are imperative
- Mathematical, organizational, spreadsheet, word processing, database management, problem solving, communication, attention to detail, teamwork, training, and leadership.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management or related field required
- 2+ years of Supply Chain or Data Analytics experience
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access and SAP)
- Certification from APICs or IBF preferred
- ISO standards (in relation to preparing documents).
- Basic operations or process scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.