A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Lead and manage the Bioprocessing Upstream R&D organization charged with the development and commercialization of biopharmaceutical cell line expression technologies and custom cell line development and engineering services
- Direct and manage the daily functions of the technical team responsible for executing on R&D and custom service projects
- Understand the competencies required to drive the Process Solutions cell line technologies and development pipelines (products and services) within the scope of accountability, budget and timelines
- Cultivate a workforce with complementary strengths and backgrounds, taking a portfolio approach to talent management and recognizes employee development as a strategic business imperative
- Exercise and teach effective and concise, oral and written communication, independently and in a team environment
- Oversee and drive innovation for R&D activities that focus on industry driven cell line technology platforms and processes with an emphasis on generating and securing IP for internal MilliporeSigma technology platforms
- Balance innovation and execution to create business value
- Develop project plans that are executed on time, meeting identified performance criteria and within the targeted budget(s) and resources
- Create an environment where initiative, risk-taking and creativity are rewarded more richly than safe behaviors
- Develop and nurture external relationships with key customers, collaborators and vendors
- Support sales and marketing teams through internal product and service capabilities training and participation in customer conference calls, on-site visits and workshops
- Actively engage external scientists and customers in research collaborations
- Maintain scientific scholarship through internal and external networking and frequent literature reviews
- Provide advisement and input on new technologies and investments required to maintain a leadership position in therapeutic protein expression systems
- Maintain compliance with company safety and regulatory policies
- Leads organizational change, sets direction
Who You Are:
- PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is preferred. Will accept MS or BS with appropriate relevant experience.
- 10+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical process development, with 5 years of leadership experience
- Thorough understanding of the biopharmaceutical development process with in depth expertise in mammalian cell culture, cell banking, recombinant cell line development, genome editing and cell culture technologies for the development of biomanufacturing cell lines
- Has broad network of established relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and creates opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth
- Excellent presentation skills and presence, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and competent in bioinformatics and gene analysis and statistical software programs
- Proven leader charged with hiring, training and developing employee talent
- Adept at developing strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.