A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Molecular Diagnostic Specialist, you have the opportunity to directly collaborate with diagnostic manufacturers to identify new ways we use science to diagnose health issues and ultimately improve the quality of life.
- Partner with the Applied Diagnostic Sales Team to develop and support specific account and/or product growth strategies.
- Prepare and implement annual segment sales plan and update as needed to meet quarterly sales targets
- Assist field sales in establishment of deeper connections to Research and Assay Development contacts within their accounts.
- Provide technical pre-sales/post-sales support including qualification of opportunities, product demo’s, solution development, critical contract negotiations, and method validation.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships within the Molecular Diagnostics market with key industry leaders
- Utilize technical expertise to enable and support marketing programs, new product introductions, special projects and other ad hoc commercial. activities to drive sales
- Assist customers to discern between similar products to best meet their requirements and troubleshoot to help customers move their research forward
- Maintain a deep understanding of the applications and areas of Molecular Diagnostics where MilliporeSigma products are utilized.
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Maintain technical industry presence authoring publications, posters, application notes as well as attending and speaking at symposiums and other industry events
- Capture and disseminate scientific trends, competitive intelligence, VOC, and market feedback with appropriate stakeholders
Who You Are
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD
- Advanced degree in life science and/or clinical laboratory science strongly preferred
- Experience in a major account development role within a Life Sciences Company, or a proven business/sales development track record at a progressively responsible level strongly desired.
- Deep technical understanding of manufacturing processes and common techniques such as PCR, qPCR, NGS etc., while also being able to understand and navigate conversation around the wide array of emerging methods that diagnostic developers are exploring and utilizing for genome-based biomarkers
- Excellent facilitator with a strong internal and external customer focus together with a high level of ability to build effective relationships where integrity, trust, and respect is gained.
- Action oriented with a high-level drive for results and perseverance; acting in professional and positive manner at all times.
- Apt to making quick decisions in a timely manner under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Thinks strategically, capable of anticipating future consequences and trends accurately while making critical decisions for the benefit of the overall business.
- Strong communicator – able to effectively communicate strategies, technical product seminars, and present results in front of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively interface and operate both within a team dynamic as well perform as an individual contributor at a high level of expertise
- This position requires the employee to travel approximately 60% within North America
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.