A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Associate Product Manager supports the product management team in managing a specific product line or provides support for various product lines.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Associate Product Manager will support the product line managers in growing and maintaining product portfolios with emphasis on bringing high quality content online.
The individual will have a solid understanding of the life science market and related technologies in order to suggest and effectively manage web-based content such as technical articles, protocols, selection guides, landing pages and more.
Associate Product Manager may also support new products through tactical marketing activities such as content creation, out-bound marketing and field sales training documentation.
The individual supports the group’s effort as assigned to meet department, business unit and company objectives.
Other additional duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes in depth knowledge of biology and peer-reviewed literature, to prepare high-quality technical articles and other content for www.sigmaaldrich.com
- Understands and applies digital marketing tactics to support e-business strategy
- Manages projects within specified time frame in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to receive feedback and key inputs to improvise each project
- Displays awareness of scientific buying journey as it pertains to users in the cell culture space and deploys content to nurture customers from Education & Awareness, to Exploration, and finally to Evaluation.
- Able to interpret and analyze Google Analytics Data into actionable insights based on customer web-behavior
Doctorate in any stream of life sciences with in-depth knowledge of cell culture or Masters in any stream of life sciences with in-depth knowledge of cell culture
- At least 1.5 to 2 years of experience in scientific writing if doctorate; at least 4 years of experience in scientific writing if Masters. Knowledge of digital marketing will be an advantage
- Understanding of key competitors within the life science market
- Demonstrated ability to analyze scientific literature and/or market data to gather actionable insights
Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Proficient in understanding scientific concepts, basic research experiments and scientific literature with minimum guidance
- Advanced understanding of search engines and NCBI; ability to use appropriate keywords to acquire relevant search results with minimum guidance
- Efficient written communication with members of the team; good oral and written communication with internal customers
- Basic business acumen
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient in Interpersonal skills, problem solving and planning and execution
- Basic customer orientation
- Proficient in high impact communication
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at