A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for implementing aspects of environmental, health & safety programs for MilliporeSigma’s facility in Jaffrey, New Hampshire. This may include delivering training on the waste program, managing waste and virgin chemical deliveries and removal, maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements, recognizing occupational hazards and specifying controls, and providing emergency response services. This position reports to the EHS Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties:
- Performs work in a safe manner to protect themselves, fellow employees and the surrounding community.
- Supports the organization’s Chemical Program, Hazardous Waste Program, Non-hazardous Waste Program, Recycling Program, and Inspection of Life Safety Systems.
- Assist organization in the development and completion of risk assessments and environmental health and safety plans, and SOPs.
- Perform equipment calibration, maintenance, data entry, and record keeping.
- Understands and works within a variety of guidelines, standard operating procedures and/ or technical methods with a moderate degree of supervision.
- Ability to work within a small team and understand the team organization, individual roles and responsibilities and how working as a team allows all to achieve objectives.
- Job requires operation of a powered industrial vehicle, applicant must be able to become certified as powered industrial truck (Forklift) operator which includes passing a physical, holding a valid driver’s license and a vision exam to 20/40.
- Participate on chemical spill response team.
- Possess basic computer skills (email, word, excel)
- Able to spend most, if not all, of the day working on their feet, not a sit-down job.
- Able to work with hand tools.
- Ability to frequently lift 50 pounds
- Ability to occasionally lift to 75 pounds
- Ability to occasionally push/pull up to 500 pounds (using mechanical assist equipment (i.e. drum carts, hand jack, etc.)
- Job requires occasional bending, climbing, reaching, twisting, stretching.
- Employee is expected to work a minimum of eight hours a day, 5 days a week. Some weekend work may be necessary.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience in a EHS related field required
- Pursing degree in a related technical discipline (e.g. engineering, safety, environmental, life science or similar field)
- Must be knowledgeable in US EPA, OSHA, DOT and NH DES regulations
- Prefer experience with ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001 management systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.