SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Bring technology capabilities and tools into new R&D platform and enhance user experience for scientists and researchers to support global Merck KGaA.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Manage and participate in developing state-of-art Bio/Chemo-informatics applications, tools, analyses, and work flows to grow R&D research capabilities and infrastructure. Work on major development projects including direct customer interfaces, and mentor other colleagues in the group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary liaison between R&D business and IT.
- Manage and mentor group(s) of business analysts and developer in their daily work and professional development.
- Lead IT prioritization/steering committee meetings with key business leadership to manage, prioritize and execute on an IT project portfolio.
- Analyze and document business requirements in cooperation with business leadership, process owners and key users.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
- Act as technical and project manager on IT intensive business improvement projects.
- Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, cheminformatics or informatics, B.S. required
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience in developing web based scientific software applications using JAVA EE framework in industry
- 6+ years’ hands-on supervision experience in Java development
- 4+ years’ leadership experience in managing and overseeing operation/develop/management teams
- Good experience working in agile like SDLC
- Strong knowledge in scientific data and process including chemical reaction and structure
- Good experience in ETL Informatica
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with JAVA EE 6 and 7
- Proficient with Oracle, MS SQL
- Proficient with Eclipse and Maven
- Proficient with JBoss Wildfly configuration
- Proficient in Oracle Forms