A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Bring technology capabilities and tools into new R&D platform and enhance user experience for scientists and researchers to support global.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Manage and participate in developing state-of-art Bio/Chemo-informatics applications, tools, analyses, and work flows to grow R&D research capabilities and infrastructure. Work on major development projects including direct customer interfaces, and mentor other colleagues in the group.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary liaison between R&D business and IT.
- Manage and mentor group(s) of business analysts and developer in their daily work and professional development.
- Lead IT prioritization/steering committee meetings with key business leadership to manage, prioritize and execute on an IT project portfolio.
- Analyze and document business requirements in cooperation with business leadership, process owners and key users.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
- Act as technical and project manager on IT intensive business improvement projects.
- Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, cheminformatics or informatics, B.S. required
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience in developing web based scientific software applications using JAVA EE framework in industry
- 6+ years’ hands-on supervision experience in Java development
- 4+ years’ leadership experience in managing and overseeing operation/develop/management teams
- Good experience working in agile like SDLC
- Strong knowledge in scientific data and process including chemical reaction and structure
- Good experience in ETL Informatica
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with JAVA EE 6 and 7
- Proficient with Oracle, MS SQL
- Proficient with Eclipse and Maven
- Proficient with JBoss Wildfly configuration
- Proficient in Oracle Forms
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at