A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems along with providing leadership, expertise, and training to other department members. This is a multi-skilled position that is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines while ensuring compliance of all work-related activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance of HVAC and Electrical equipment as well as utility systems across multiple facilities.
- Complete assigned work orders to consistently meet quality and safety requirements.
- Participation in the call-in program.
- Successfully complete required training curriculum.
- Provides direction and expertise to others in the department
- High School Diploma required.
Who You Are:
Required Qualifications: (at least one of the following)
- Maintenance experience including the ability to sustain/replace HVAC filters on air handlers and exhaust systems along with trouble shooting and repairs for all ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Working with electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.), including usage of use electrical testing equipment and troubleshooting electrical issues, installations, and repairs of lighting systems.
- Mechanical experience operating, repairing, and troubleshooting fluid and vacuum pumps, steam traps, high purity water equipment and boiler systems including performance of water chemistry tests.
- Trade School degree preferred.
- Tech savvy with the ability to understand and use building management systems.
- General knowledge and utilization of hoists and rigging equipment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.