A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The North American Regional and Inside Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of 10 account managers to achieve the company’s financial and commercial goals within the territory. You are responsible for +$90 million dollars in sales revenue. This is a remote position with up to 50% in travel. Additional responsibilities are as followed:
- Recruit and train new personnel as well as providing feedback and coaching existing personnel.
- Work with individual account managers to define their unique territories in terms of client base and customer demographic in order to develop and execute a strategy for increasing sales.
- Keep apprised of industry news in the territory and assist account managers in effective prospecting in order to expand our customer base.
- Work with the account managers to evaluate on a regular basis how the territory is performing and where the business has been won and lost; action plans will be developed for making improvements where required in order to gain market share.
- Build and maintain rapport with key clients.
- Streamline expenditures to make the best use of resources.
- Assist in the development and establishment of commercial goals and objectives, financial and otherwise and for driving these goals.
- Responsible for forecasting, analyzing variances, and implementing action plans as needed to correct for the variances.
- Understand the competitive landscape so far as it impacts the territory, for obtaining and disseminating market data, and for working internally to develop marketing strategies in anticipation of the ongoing trends in the marketplace.
- As “voice of the expert”, provide effective communication and working relationships with customers.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8 years professional experience; Technical or Non- degree 12+ years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Virology or related field strongly preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Relevant sales or technical sales experience or equivalent strongly preferred, ideally balanced in a contract testing service environment of bio-manufacturing environment.
- Sales management experience preferred.
- Relevant industry experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment is strongly desired.
- Experience within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with quality assurance and quality control professionals.
- Strong negotiating skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.