A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Operational and Administrative:
- Establish and maintain a record of all customer details with contact names and other pertinent information.
- Maintain a record of all customer visits, and feedback information to the Sales and Marketing staff on Products promoted to these customers through the Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) on a regular basis.
- Regularly advise management regarding potential methods of business improvement.
- Comply with the face to face call rate as requested by the Sales Manager.
- Provide monthly reports on activities and sales results to the Sales Manager.
- Prepare small quotes for customers and forward to the Quotes Officer.
- Attend company meetings, exhibitions, sales conferences and training courses as requested.
- Maintain company equipment and have a due regard for the security of all items, including car, laptop computer, mobile phone, sample stock and literature etc.
- Be accurate and punctual in matters of administration of business, including personal expenses as per company guidelines.
- Report on key achievements relating to objectives on a weekly basis.
- General duties as directed by the Sales Manager or other authorised person.
People and Customers:
- Plan the working of the sales territory such that customers are contacted on a regular basis by direct customer visits, maximising the efficient use of time.
- Utilise the services of the Field Applications Specialist for more technical sales
- Develop customer loyalty within the allocated customer base by providing a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain a level of product and competitor knowledge to enable communication on a professional basis with all business contacts.
- Establish and maintain a level of selling skills commensurate with his/her professional status
- Communicate the features and benefits of the company’s products and services as outlined in the Strategic Marketing Plan.
- Provide “hands on” technical support when required.
- Conduct training seminars on Merck products for customers, if required.
Commercial and Financial:
- Develop objectives, strategies and tactics to expand sales within your customer base.
- Perform all work with consideration to the economical use of resources.
- Monitor sales results against budgets within the allocated customer base and take appropriate action.
- Maintain an awareness of market trends and competitor activities and report these to the Sales Manager regularly.
- At all times, maintain an acceptable standard of appearance and demeanour and act as an ambassador for the company.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a Sciences discipline, or equivalent. MBA desirable
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful sales experience in New Zealand Life Sciences market
- Experience in a laboratory will be well regarded.
- Strong working knowledge of Scientific markets in New Zealand
- Strong analytical capabilities and ability to interface at all levels within an Organization for both internal and external Customers
- Must be able to work autonomously from a home base.
- Ability to derive business insights and recommendations from raw data
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, negotiation and presentation skills
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!