A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Senior Specialist - BODS / Migration support
Job Location: Bangalore
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Maintain, support, and troubleshoot regional/global Qlik systems as required.
• Maintain, support, and troubleshoot regional/global Migration systems (BODS) as required.
• Troubleshoot and correct complex technical and functional issues/bugs in QlikView and BODS.
• Provide established level of service and support of Qlik/BODS to ensure minimal business disruption.
• Understand and analyze business requirements.
• Using Qlik, BODS and MDG, design and develop dashboards and other solutions involving data.
• Experience developing in QlikView (11 and above) and QlikSense (1.0 and above)
Latest BODS version
• Lead the effort to improve development practices and ensure consistency in designs.
• Communicate and coordinate development with other technical teams.
• Optimize performance and efficiency of all BI solutions.
• Communicate project status and support project managers.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required.
• 1-5 years' experience in data-related systems development required.
• Previous experience in QlikView and other analytical/presentation tools required.
• 3+ years' experience with Qlik Software (QlikView or Qlik Sense) required.
Essential and Critical Skills
- Expert level knowledge and skills in Data Modeling at an enterprise level required.
- Programming skills in Qlik Software scripting required.
- ETL -knowledge
- BODS deep understanding of technical setup
- Skilled in Data Visualization and Dashboard development required.
- Development of info-cubes, custom extractors, process chains and info-providers
- with other teams within IT to ensure successful implementation and support of
- project efforts required.
- Knowledge of a variety of data sources (SQL, flat files, spreadsheets, non-SQL data,
- SAP, XML, Oracle,IMS, cloud sources like AWS) required.
- Ability to work and manage a variety of tasks and work within an environment with
- competing priorities required.
- Project Management Must excel at activity and task management, status tracking and communication
- ETL Experience with ELT/ETL tools
- Hadoop Experience with Big Data Platforms / Hadoop system operations
- Shell Scripting Ability to write shell scripts (preferred)
- Programming Programming skills
- SQL Must be familiar with SQL , ideally with Oracle databases
- AWS General knowledge of AWS Stack (EC2, S3, EBS, …)
- VMWare General knowledge of VMWare infrastructure and capabilities
- Network Network/Firewall/DNS knowhow
- Infrastructure High availability setup, disaster recovery, backup and restore solutions, monitoring tools, repository management
- Authorization Managing LDAP, Knowledge about Kerberos
- Encryption Managing SSL Certificates
- Process ITIL Knowledge, GXP compliance
- Experience working in an agile team / SCRUM methodology
- Languages Fluent English skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at