A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: The Senior Manager, Strategic Planning and Performance Management is a trusted source of support for in the development and successful execution of strategic medical plans, special initiatives, and performance tracking/reporting for assigned areas. This work will be delivered, in part, by facilitating and monitoring product/launch teams (cross-functional US Medical teams with strategic and tactical execution responsibility), strategic plans, budgets, and execution for assigned TA(s) to ensure on time, on target, on budget delivery. The Senior Manager will also follow all company policies, processes and procedures pertinent to this role.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis in science or business preferred
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- MCPM or PMP preferred
- Clear oral and written English
- 3-5 years biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience—direct or through strategy consulting
- Experience in annual/long-range planning
- Understanding of drug development and lifecycle management, medical affairs operations, and regulatory/legal requirements across product lifecycle is ideal
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Adept at considering a broad range of factors to shape strategic plans and successful execution
- Meeting challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive
- Experience with program management methods (action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across functions in a complex organization and fast-paced business environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.