A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Automation Specialist will support the Engineering and Technology team ensuring the best solutions to integrate Laboratory Equipment generating Critical Data and Building Automation System for Plants and Utilities. He/she will: develop, implement, and maintain Lab integration solutions enabling next level of digitalization maturity; promote integrated Lab Assets and Equipment; collaborate with IT dept to assure the receiving of an adequate service level; promote electronic Data Integrity together with the quality organization; engage with external IT and suppliers to select fit for purpose laboratory technologies; collaborate with laboratory equipment vendors and drive standardization of integration options; management (operation and maintenance) of Building management system according to current industry standards and regulatory guidelines; evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities and shape the vision toward “Predictive Plant” for our organization.
Who you are
- BS degree in a Informatics/Technical discipline or at least equivalent working experience as Software/PLC Programmer
- 5+ years experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, Lifescience or Automotive as Software/PLC Programmer
- Fluent English
- Travel to other Site locations is required (~ 10%).
- Proven strong influencing skills with ability to motivate, inspire and negotiate with internal and external teams.
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!