A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The role of the Maintenance Planner & Reliability Engineer is to improve work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of labor, parts and material, and equipment access. This role also originates and develops analysis methods to determine reliability of components, equipment and processes. Acquires and analyzes data. Prepares diagrams, charts, drawings, calculations and reports to define reliability problems and make recommendations for improvements. Conducts analysis of reliability problems and investigates to determine the required reliability approach for a particular situation, with consideration given to cost limitations for equipment uptime/downtime, repair/replacement costs and weight, size and availability of materials/equipment. Determines cost advantages of alternatives and develops action plans that comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to avoid failures.
- Will be the principal contact and liaison person between Maintenance, Operations and other supported departments. In this capacity, the planner ensures that all internal beneficiaries of Maintenance receive timely, efficient and quality service. The role also takes a continuing interest in internal needs.
- With keen awareness of the situation (schedule, problems, etc.), the Planner is able to help Operations balance their need for daily output with their need of equipment reliability through proactive maintenance.
- Is responsible for long-range as well as short-range planning. Long-range planning involves the regular analysis of backlog relative to available resources. These two basic variables must be kept in balance if a proactive maintenance environment is to be established and sustained.
- Gathers and examines basic reliability data from field studies or database and correlates the data for analysis using well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Performs detailed/routine engineering calculations involving relatively simple tests on less complicated system details where ingenuity and high-level judgment are not required.
- Initiates elemental engineering studies into equipment/process failures and presents analysis details to more experienced engineers for approval/feedback to gain in-depth experience and improve judgment for advancing to higher level jobs.
- Assists others in root cause failure analysis to avoid future failures.
- Works under supervision of other engineers and receives guidance in the use of standard company procedures for use in reliability analysis specific to the product/process.
- Follows company safety and health guidelines and other company policies.
- Performs other work as assigned.
Who You Are:
- 0+ years of experience-entry level
- B.S. degree in engineering, mathematics, or equivalent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.