A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To maintain builldigs, grounds, stockroom.
In this role you will be working both in a team setting and independantly. You will be working with operations personal and management. You would have the opportunity to work into more advanced skills such as boiler servicing, refrigeration, instrument calibration, fabrication, etc. The department offers advancement opportunities on the technical side as well as furture management positions. We have a new building opening in January 2019, which will provide opportunities for learning new technologies.
3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Essential Job Functions
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair work to buildings, vehicles and ground keeping equipment.
- Cuts grass, trims and treats weeds.
- Keeps the existing building landscaping maintained and plants new flowers to improve the site appearance.
- Does regular scheduled trips to local stores to pick up emergency parts for repairs or parts at the best cost.
- Paints building exterior and interior where required and changes ceiling tiles.
- Maintains building interior lighting.
- Monitors inventory levels.
- Manages purchasing of maintenance special parts as well as route stock.
- Solicits price and delivery information from vendors.
- May contact other sources for alternative pricing.
- Creates and reviews purchasing requisitions and obtains approval for purchases.
- Provides follow-up with vendors to expedite delivery of product or determine back order.
- Maintains and updates department databases.
- Operates the CMMS software, inventory module.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
Who are you:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required.
- 1+ years experience in related field. Training in applicable field desired.
- Mechanical skills required
- Must be able to work independantly as well as in a team setting
Additional local needs:
- Environmental Conditions - Manufacturing Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
- Physical Requirements - Manufacturing Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment. The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/manufacturing equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.