Designs, develops and implements marketing, sales programs and/or pricing strategies to support the organization's products, services or market sector in order to meet the organization's business objectives. Plans, directs and coordinates the efforts of marketing and sales toward the accomplishment of objectives. Provides strong leadership skills while creating a vision, leading change, driving results, and managing but not limited 2-3 direct reports. H/she leads the execution of the field sales POA, including the development of sales tools, coordinating with sales training, executing sales meetings, and driving for results. The BUH collaborates extensively across the organization nationally and globally to align strategies and execute tactical plans while achieving franchise revenue and market share targets.
- Leads own team of professional staff to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems of medium complexity.
- Filters, prioritizes, analyzes and validates dynamic material from a diverse range of external and internal sources to respond to operational challenges.
- Applies understanding of how different areas jointly contribute to achieving objectives within the sub-function, supported by good industry knowledge to achieve objectives.
- Oversees the marketing and sales functions for a specific therapeutic area, division/product group, major region, region, or a part of the organization at the corporate level.
- Responsibilities may include product marketing assessment of potential markets, coordination of technical product development, marketing communications and definition of promotional activities.
- May develop sales strategies and forecast sales volumes.
- May participate in setting strategies for product launches and brand management to optimize revenue generation and product placement for market share advantage.
- Impacts the level of service and multiple teams within an area to meet quality, volume and timeliness objectives which affects the performance of the entire area.
- Contributes value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision making.
- Has responsibility for planning of resources, budgets and policies.
Scope of People Responsibility
- Manages a team that consists largely of professionals and is accountable for the performance and results of the team.
- Responsible for day-to-day management, setting objectives, coaching and developing employees, performance appraisal, determination of reward outcomes.
- Contributes to the definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Contributes to the business and financial planning process.
Who you are:
1. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced scientific degree (preferred).
1. 7+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
2. Commercial, functional leadership in marketing and field sales management.
3. Experience with Medical-Legal-Regulatory guidelines and cross-functional promotions.
4. Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing direct reports.
5. Demonstrated ability to launch new products and a proven track record of driving brand/franchise growth.
6. Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and their impact on the development of marketing materials.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in managing budgets, with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking.
8. Demonstrated experience in doing strategic tradeoffs within its own Business Unit to guarantee outcomes.
1. Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement multidimensional marketing and business plans.
2. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to/with a variety of groups and audiences.
3. Excellence in project management and a proven track record of effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
4. Ability to effectively lead agencies and other external resources in the development of tactical plans and promotional materials.
5. Global thinker, with the ability to understand business, markets and people across different geographies.