Who you are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will help MilliporeSigma realize the potential of Cell and Gene Therapy to transform lives by advancing the industrialization of new manufacturing processes.
Reporting into the Head of Cell & Gene Therapy Manufacturing, the Product and Marketing Manager is responsible driving new product and application development for viral gene therapy products and services. In addition, you will implement and execute marketing plans to support our viral offerings. You will lead multi-disciplinary project teams to achieve your goals in a highly matrixed environment.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement a product and application strategy for viral vector downstream bioprocessing product portfolio
- Market our viral vector offering, including contract manufacturing services offering
- Monitor customer trends, analyze market data and make strategic recommendations
- Define product specifications and product quality strategy consistent with market needs
- Drive primary and secondary market research
- Ensure product placement and development corresponds to market needs in target segments
- Monitor sales and profitability to ensure above market growth and maximize product margins
Who you are:
You are an expert collaborator, adept at navigating a complex global structure to identify key partners and build effective relationships with those who can assist you in the successful creation and delivery of your core duties. You are fluent in English, with superior communication and presentation skills, including acute listening skills. You will distill and represent complex data and information into clear messages.
To prepare for this next step in your career, we welcome those with the following background and experience:
- Minimum 3 years combined experience in global Marketing, Sales and/or Product Management
- Undergraduate degree in science, engineering, or business required; graduate degree desirable
- Exposure to gene editing tools, preferably viral vector manufacture
- Experience in market assessment, product development, and market introduction
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and build multi-dimensional relationships and cross function teaming
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.