A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for quality control inspection of products to the established quality standards to meet customer demand and expectations. Additionally, optimizing operations to realize maximum efficiency and productivity. Understands and follows all written documents including standard operating procedures (SOP’s), forms, Test Methods, and Test Specifications. Adheres to company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) procedures.
Assignments are moderately complex, where judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations. May involve choosing from two or more pre-defined alternative courses of action. Works under general supervision, with some instruction given for routine work and detailed instructions for new types of work or special projects. Requires knowledge of how the team is organized and how owned tasks relate to the others in the team/ unit. Impacts team performance through reliability and accuracy of own work. Night Shift: Monday thru Wednesday from 6pm-6:30am, Thursdays from 6pm to 12:00am.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Plans and schedule regular rotation of QCs through the various work stations for day-to-day operations
- Able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to report production information.
- Review paperwork to ensure accurate completion according to good documentation practices
- Run pre-shift meetings or urgent “on floor” meetings to spread quality related messages when needed
- Drives shift to shift communication between QC leads and floor staff.
- Respond to QCs needs, concerns, and questions while escalating as appropriate
- Keep GEMBA boards updated with any quality issues and corrective actions
- Perform training for entry level QC Inspectors
- Collaborate with outside teams, specifically quality assurance.
- Act as a delegate in the supervisor’s absence
Essential Job Requirements: Standing/reaching/bending/twisting/being able to lift 35 lbs
Who You Are:
- 2 plus years of working experience as a QC Inspector in a GMP clean room; or 1 plus year leadership experience in a GMP clean room.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures/drawings. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at various levels including the need to speak effectively before peers and employees of the organization.
- Computer skills: experience with Microsoft Office applications including: Excel & Outlook
- Processing Information: Compiling, categorizing, calculating, or verifying information or data.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems: Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures. read and record measurements, ensure accuracy for recorded numbering counts.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.