A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: You will ensure a smooth organization of trainings developing Merck competencies and cross-functional skills for UK, Ireland, Italy, Poland and Switzerland as well as some global support for all subsidiaries in the Merck Group with accepted standards, ensuring compliance with applicable policies and procedures. You will support the setup of: the annual training calendar, on-demand learning sessions, courses in the global LMS system. You will manage and monitor session registrations. You will support management of local logistics. Communicating with (potential) attendees of learning sessions, you will manage program follow-up (incl. evaluation) and closing, as well as invoice processing and chargeback. You will answer routine attendee questions and escalated customer service inquiries or routing inquiries to the appropriate resources (e.g. internal IT, HR Center of Expertise - CoE, HR Business Partners). You will be in charge of responding to employee data verification, report creation, and audit requests. You will ensure information validity of courses in the LMS and potential other tools. In this scope, you will monitor record keeping and data entry procedures for accuracy, and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) when necessary to achieve optimal operational efficiency. You will be striving for improvement/optimization of processes within realm of responsibility, and you will build partnerships with peers, HR Business Partners, CoEs, internal IT department, external service providers and customers.
Who you are:
- Graduate degree (or equivalent) in economics/ psychology/ law/ social science
- Relevant professional experience of min. 1-2 years in HR (learning ideally), customer service or similar
- Fluent spoken and written French and English, additional language will be an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written, oral, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and build strong partnerships with peers, business partner and customers
- Ability to multitask and organize time efficiently by prioritizing work and concentrating on key tasks
- Knowledge of systems and technology that support HR, especially LMS
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills, focus on results
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at