A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Produces and purifies chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of Sigma-Aldrich customers. Serves as a production process resource for the department. Improves procedures and processes to cut costs, improve quality or safety and increases efficiency as directed by authorized personnel. Accountable for quality of own work; provides solutions to problems based on practice, existing precedents or procedures; uses discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Impacts the effectiveness of own work team through quality of services or information provided; typically acts as an informal resource for less experienced colleagues. Typically reports to a Manager role or Project Manager role (for a defined period of time) based on organizational set-up, may have a lead person for day-to-day guidance.
Essential Job Functions
- Manufacturing Operator 3 is required to perform essential job functions required at the Manufacturing Operator 2 level.
- Creates and achieves personal development goals
- Recognizes and suggests corrective measures to process anomalies
- Actively participates in root cause investigations, offers suggestions, and assists in implementing formal corrective and preventive actions (CAPA)
- Conducts training on company and departmental procedures
- Maintains trainee’s training records
- Writes/revises SOP’s
- Trains and mentors co-workers/new employees
- Provides solutions to production questions and problems
- Makes suggestions and participates in PDSA test cycles and significant “Just Do Its” that result in measurable and sustainable improvement
- Performs small scale experimentation as directed by authorized personnel
- Positive Leader in voice, action and behavior
- Independently looks beyond individual assignments and willingly assists team members to improve departmental productivity
- Understands not only how to do a task but can explain why the task is done that way
- Key resource for processing issues
- Independently develops and executes a daily work plan to best utilize time resources. Excellent at multi-tasking
- Modifies simple MPRs, write simple addendums/deviations, e.g. solutions, revision# >rv5
- Basic job-related SAP applications
- Manufactures complex products that require advanced technique/skill set
- Member of cross-departmental initiative, examples could include PDSA groups, site-wide training programs, ERT, Safety Committee, Ergonomics, etc.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Operator 2
- AS Chemistry or Science related associate degree (chemical technician) or 2 yrs college chemistry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and understand written protocols.
- Ability to operate forklift or hand pallet truck.
- Basic understanding of chemical reactions and hazards.
- Ability to operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices.
- Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems.
- Ability to provide answers to process problems.
- Ability to train or mentor new employees or co-workers.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Manufacturing Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment PPE to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.